Open Enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year runs January 1 -31, 2017
To schedule a tour, please contact Assistant Headmaster, Carla Fisher: firstname.lastname@example.org!
DAC School Features
- Tuition-free, open enrollment public school.
- Located in the newly renovated, historic Peabody building in the heart of downtown Wilmington.
- In its third year, the School will accept students in grades K-3 and will expand to a K-5 by the year 2017.
- Requires no prerequisite screening/testing.
- Diverse student populations, including special needs students, 91% non-white students, and 85% low economically disadvantaged students.
- Uses research-based, proven Direct Instruction teaching method.
- Curated, rigorous Classical curriculum.
- Intensive new-hire training.
- Continuous in-service monitoring to evaluate and optimize instruction.
- Accelerated learning program reviews individual student performance data to promote qualifying students to advanced studies on a subject -by-subject basis.
- Prioritizes the use positive reinforcement in teaching and discipline.
- Student uniforms and professional teacher dress requirements.
- Provides bus services, as well as breakfast and lunch for students.
- Varied extracurricular activities.
- Operates on a traditional public school schedule for compatibility with district schools.
- Regular parent surveys conducted.
- Annual, third-party financial audits conducted.