2016-2017 Early Open Enrollment runs January 1-31, 2016!
Our school is tuition-free, public, and open to all students regardless of income or ability. Our school is a public charter school providing classical education. We are a replicate campus of the current, highest-scoring schools in neighboring Brunswick and Columbus counties. During the enrollment period, enrollment forms will be available for submission online. You may also apply in person at our Main School Office: 507 North Sixth Street, Wilmington, NC 28401.
Enroll online HERE!
- Tuition-free, open enrollment public school.
- Located in the newly renovated, historic Peabody building in the heart of downtown Wilmington.
- Replicate campus of Charter Day School in Leland, which is currently and consistently the top scoring school in Brunswick County on state EOG tests.
- Opened in 2013 as a K-2, the school will grow to serve grades K-5 in the year 2017.
- Requires no prerequisite screening/testing.
- Diverse student populations, including special needs students, 91% non-white students, and 85% low economically disadvantaged students.
- Uses research-based, proven Direct Instruction teaching method.
- Curated, rigorous Classical curriculum including Latin, Cursive, and Composition.
- Intensive new-hire training.
- Continuous in-service monitoring to evaluate and optimize instruction.
- Accelerated learning program reviews individual student performance data to promote qualifying students to advanced studies on a subject -by-subject basis.
- Prioritizes the use positive reinforcement in teaching and discipline.
- Student uniforms and professional teacher dress requirements.
- Provides bus services, as well as breakfast and lunch for students.
- Varied extracurricular activities.
- Operates on a traditional public school schedule for compatibility with district schools.
- Regular parent surveys conducted.
- Annual, third-party financial audits conducted.